I guess the first post of this blog should be about our going away party. I am trying to diligently record our time here and I want to get it down and published, even if it isn't in chronological order I will be changing the post dates to be accurate...
That being said, Sunday August 2, 2015 was our last Sunday in the Highland Park ward. We had been in that ward for nearly three years, combined with the 9 years before that in Higley Groves ward, it made for an emotion block full of goodbyes. I love my ward family. I love knowing everyones names, being able to sort kids into families and knowing who's favorite soda is what. I love how close the boundaries are, that I can literally walk to anyone in the ward in just minutes. Getting used to a large area ward in TX will take some time.
Monday morning, we left the house so the cleaners could come and ran a few last minute errands. Braden wasn't feeling good from Powell so he stayed at Becks and rested. We grabbed lunch and came back to find that Braden was really not well. So off to urgent care we went. We think during a cliff jumping session at Powell he ruptured his ear drum. We got his prescriptions filled and headed home to change and set up for the party.
It was meet the teacher night for the schools in our area, so I know a lot of people didn't make it. But I was so happy to see each and every one of the people that did. I was so good about not getting emotional until the night drew to a close. Then it got real. Here are pictures from that night.
Jade made this cute, and delicious cake for us!
Kelcie made cookies, adorable
We had a Italian Soda Bar- fun, yummy and sticky
the boys and Uncle 'Knucklehead" Todd
Boss was more about the treats than saying goodbye
Braden and his buddy Trey
Crystal and Lindsey- my cub scout ladies
the Nana's and I
Katie & I - it will be hard to top the neighbors we have had
Ami and I have been friends since I moved to AZ when I was 11. She has always been a phone call away, I am not sure what I will do without her.
Kelcie & I - I swear Rusty was there too, not sure why he wasn't in the pictures
Braden & Stratt (Ami's son) are one month apart and have been friends since the womb
we {heart} the Bethea Family
Jade, cake maker and long time friend
Family
My BFF since high school seminary Love you Jen
Jill wasn't a fan of goodbye
We will have to be more creative to get our semi annual date nights with the Robisons now. So excited for them to see what life with 4 boys is like too!
These girls. Jackie, Scarlett and Andrea- love them tons and tons. A little more because they stayed and helped clean up after the party ended. I will miss being Scarlett's food guinea pig, Jackie's fashion help and crafting with Andrea more than I can think about without crying.
Kelcie saying bye to Berk
Rhonda is still in denial that this is actually happening, I am in denial that I will have to trust a non-sister to do my hair!
Shortly after the last guest left we got the kids to bed, I showered and got comfy clothes on and we headed to Sky Harbor for my red eye flight. {I will glaze over the whole hours and hours of uncontrolled sobbing that happened after the party}
It was really weird to think I was traveling on a one way ticket. Here's to our adventure in Dallas!





No comments:
Post a Comment