Braden and I picked up his new friend P and went to the school. We found Braden's locker pretty fast and got it opened and unloaded all the school supplies into it.
After an hour or so we left, took his friend home and went to get Brenner's balloons.
Brenner wasn't about to wait to open his gifts. We *may have* gone a little overboard on gifts, but he didn't want one big thing, so lots of little things it was.
Brenner wasn't about to wait to open his gifts. We *may have* gone a little overboard on gifts, but he didn't want one big thing, so lots of little things it was.
He opened them all in about 3 minutes flat. Before the presents, however, he did ask when "everyone else was getting there." It about broke my heart. We are so used to having everyone there!!
Rusty needed to work a little so we had a late lunch at what seems to be our new favorite Mexican place called Rosa's Cafe. They make the tortillas right there and the kids love to watch and don't even get me started on the sopapillas. We all enjoyed our lunch and then we headed to run errands. Rusty, Russ, Braden and Boss went to Home Depot to see about putting the bunk bed together. Cindi, Brenner, Berk and I went to shop for Brenner's birthday presents from them.
Rusty needed to work a little so we had a late lunch at what seems to be our new favorite Mexican place called Rosa's Cafe. They make the tortillas right there and the kids love to watch and don't even get me started on the sopapillas. We all enjoyed our lunch and then we headed to run errands. Rusty, Russ, Braden and Boss went to Home Depot to see about putting the bunk bed together. Cindi, Brenner, Berk and I went to shop for Brenner's birthday presents from them.
We got back from Target and the men folk were nearly done assembling the beds, except they needed a wooden dowel to secure the top to the bottom, so Cindi and I volunteered to go to Hobby Lobby to get one. It may have taken us over an hour to get the dowel, but we had to check out the layout of my new store.
*SIDE NOTE* Why does EVERY SINGLE store have to have a different layout than the ones I'm used to. I mean come on.
Once the bunk bed was assembled we got the boys ready to head for their stay at the Great Wolf Lodge. We needed to go get Brenner's cake so they went to the water park and Rusty and I headed back into town. Before we left we all got an ice cream in the cute shop. Dessert before dinner and before cake- because we are cool like that.
We met back and went to dinner in the Lodge and then we sang Happy Birthday and even blew out his candle (shh don't tell). He wanted an ice cream cake from DQ so we added a Captain America figure and candles to that and called it good.
After getting the older boys started on the Quest that they have in the GWL, we settled the little boys into their super cool bunks and headed home.
Hannah came over to get some boxes, she is leaving for college next week and Rusty will be sad he doesn't have his buddy around. We got a call about 10:30pm from a very homesick Brenner so we hopped back in the car and picked him up.
Saturday morning we slept in, got up and put our swim suits on, grabbed some Dunkin' Doughnuts and headed to the GWL for the day. We played in the water park for most of the morning. Around 1 most of us were pretty tired, and Brenner was ready to start the Quest game so we changed and ran all over the hotel. Literally, up and down flights of stairs. The quest is super fun for the kids, lots of cardio for adults! We checked out at 2pm and headed home to relax.
We went to Hard Eight for dinner in Coppell that night. Same place we took my parents. It is amazing food, and odds are we will take every visitor there. The line was unusually long and we melted waiting. Boss and I went inside to scope out seats and just as Rusty and the gang were coming in, he fell backward and landed on his head on the cement floor. He had a nice goose egg (I don't know how it didn't split open!) and I got to eat and hold a makeshift ice pack on his head. Poor kid. The food was great, and we all came home fatter and full!
We just relaxed the rest of the night at home and enjoy Noni and Pops being here.
Sunday morning was another late start. Again, because of the water leak, our ward was meeting for just 2 hours at the stake center at 2:30pm. We decided to have a little brunch and then went to go see Liz and Hannah before getting ready for church.
I got so lost headed to the building. Cindi and Boss and I walked in just as they finished reading in our records. It was a nice meeting, and I didn't feel nearly the panic that I had the previous sunday. I also noticed more people were there so I am assuming once school starts it will be a pretty good is ward.
After church it was time for Rusty to take Russ and Cindi to the airport. It was a hard goodbye. They are going to have to come visit a lot.
We were invited by a sweet family in our new ward to come to dinner, so once Rusty got home from the airport we headed over to the V families home. Dinner was great, the kids all played and before we knew it two hours had come and gone. I hope we continue to find new people to build friendships with. Whew busy weekend!












No comments:
Post a Comment