Thursday, August 20, 2015

Meet the Teacher & a Neighborhood Party

It's been a busy week. Monday after rusty got home from work we ventured a few towns over to go to Ikea. Um, Ikea with all your kids is a nightmare. I'll leave it at that. But I did assemble 4 Ikea furniture kits in less than 24 hours, so somebody get me a medal. 


Tuesday we had AT&T Digital Life installed. It took weeks to reschedule after they couldn't do it the day after I got here. The installer was so nice. Braden followed him around most of the day and even helped him drill through the brick for the security camera. 


Of course, the day after we get the fanciest, smartest whole home system in, I read a post about our little town- so maybe the alarm is overkill, but I sleep better with it. Ha! (Just as reference I googled and Mesa, AZ violent crime is 33 per 1000 and Gilbert, AZ is 16 per 1000, soooo yeh our .56 is pretty reassuring.)

Wednesday, Braden was invited to a get together for all the 6/7th grade boys from our ward going to the same middle school. The plans were changed last minute after both an incoming storm and a closed pool came about. So he went to a ward members house and played for nearly 4 hours.
After that he went over to P's house and played there for a few more hours. I am so happy he will know some familiar faces when school starts. With it being overcast it was actually a pleasant day to be outdoors. 

Later that night, we had kinder orientation at OSE for Brenner. He took some convincing to change out of his summer uniform of basketball shorts and swimsuit rash guard top, but he got to meet his teacher who seems super nice. 
He gets to share his locker with a sweet girl from our Ward that's in his primary class too. Can you say "tender mercy"??

He was bored two minutes in and didn't want to say hi to his teacher. I am so nervous for next week. So nervous. We left there, ate dinner and took the whole family to Lowe's so we could get some things off out never ending list. We came home newly 900$ poorer but with all new ceiling fans for nearly every room, drapes and rods for two rooms, a new light for the back porch and a crap ton of other stuff. The employees at Lowe's know us nearly by name we are there at least once a day. And as a bonus on the way home it started to rain. I got my very first Texas rainstorm! 

Since I didn't take any pictures lets paint a mental picture of Rusty standing in the pouring rain trying to cover his precious Big Green Egg (smoker). It involved a tarp, twine, a pool umbrella and a carefully maneuvered table to keep it dry. 
Thursday I decided to finally tackle the play room, since I had assembled the main organizing area for in there. And with the sugar high I was on from the enormous cookie brought to us by a neighbor I had no problem sorting 5 boxes of toys! One more day and we will be all sorted and put away again. And as long as the kids never play in there it will always look amazing. (Wink)
We had Berkley's meet the teacher Thursday evening. His teacher seems so cool. When I warned her that he only have ONE volume when he talks (loud) she said, "Oh good Berkley! I talk loud too!" He's gonna do great things. Brenner had a hard time when he realized all the school supplies we bought were not solely for his use. We will have to work on him before Monday. 


After we left school we ran home, cooked and ate dinner and then walked over to the newly completed park in our neighborhood for a Back to School HOA party. Have you ever seen a cuter park?

It felt amazing outside at 75°. The 76% humidity did NOT feel amazing. I'm wondering how long it will take to get used to the moisture here. 

1 comment: