I like the idea of the table off centered from the wall but I think the black one is too small so I'm looking for something more like this.
Poor Boss really wants a Mickey Mouse room, but when you share with Brenner it is all about super heroes. We have so many books that I sorted them into different rooms. So the ones in here are all age appropriate for the littles. To say I like books is an understatement. A good amount of them are from my childhood.
This is the "art corner" those are all coloring books in the corner. Issues guys. I have issues. In truth some of these coloring books are from when I was little. And if you think I let them color in my Rainbow Brite book, you are mistaken.
I love that there is still a huge area in the middle of the room where they can be rowdy. And from the two front windows they can see the front yard and watch the neighborhood squirrel run into our trees. A few more tweaks and it'll be finished.
Our room is getting there too. It's such a big area, that we 'accidentally' took an over stuffed chair and ottoman from Rusty's parents house when the moving truck came. (Wink wink). So we have a little sitting area and I have a safe place for my curio cabinet with the dolls. I am sure the wall above it won't stay blank but I haven't found a piece I love for there yet.
Can you tell I am digging gallery walls? I want to add to this one with pictures of places we travel to. The pallet board in the middle is a quote from Winnie the Pooh "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen."
Ignore the crap at the foot of the bed. I am still in the "shuffle piles of stuff from one place to another" as I try to find homes for everything.
The playroom/ theatre room is functional but still needs some decorations. We added charcoal grey curtains and with the leather sofa we have a nice blank canvas. I want it to be bright and fun. I just need a rug for in front of the toy bins.
And we need to do something in the closet to keep a few other toys easily accessible and let the kids reach the games. It's such a big room. The sections we had downstairs in our AZ home only goes about 1/2 way across the wall.
Brenner wanted to know where the rest of the toys were going to go! These boxes were on the second truck! But they all have homes now.
Here's a shot of the blackout curtains and Mr Boston getting his play on with the Legos. By the way, sorting Legos into colors/ categories sounded a lot funner than it actually was. Whew. But it's done.
These are some rugs I'm kinda digging for the playroom area.
And in the kitchen, things are all put away, I know where about 40% of it is the first time I try a drawer or cupboard. Ha. We loved the Italian Soda Bar we had at our going away party so much that we now have one set up here all the time. We have all gained 30 lbs since we moved here too, but I doubt that's related. (I jest. We've only gained like 10 tops. Stress eating at its finest)
All it needs is an ice bucket and we are ready to roll for our first party, or guests or a Tuesday night.
Last but not least, this gold beauty. I have been looking for a replacement. I'm thinking I'll be brave and do this one but I'm not 100% sure yet.
Also, I have no idea how to reach that high to change it out. Our ladders are NOT that tall. And I always have to take into account which will survive having things thrown and shot at it. Because, let's be real, my boys live here.
I'll save the other rooms for another post.



















You've done so much! If we weren't so through with travel for this year, we'd be on our way to see your house "again"! Love everything. My choice for the light fixture - the first one, although the second might be safer.
ReplyDelete