Thursday, October 1, 2015

More progress on the house

It's seems like time is flying through the hour glass faster than I can believe. We have been here over two months already.

I seem to go in phases of alternated indecision and action. Things will sit and sit by the wall I want them to go on and then something clicks and I'll hang a bunch of stuff all at once. 
This wall at the top of the stars was begging for something. So I took the frames that I had grouped in two's in our Gilbert house and changed out all the pictures to make this.  It's a wedding picture of Rusty and I, the Family Proclamation and then pictures of the boys.

We had a leak in the ceiling of the laundry room- I mean who puts the water heaters in the attic?? So now I have my Pinterest board full of ideas. The giant fan in the pic what pointed up at the ceiling to help dry it out.  I want to paint the room and add wall paper just behind the machines and shelves. And do another built in for the laundry baskets like our last house on the wall that faces this one. Oh and of course changing out the laminate flooring. 
And since it is already plumbed for it I would love to add a sink in between. The door you can see on the side of the pic goes to a large,long closet that I use for laundry and storing my decorations. I kinda love that room. The light fixture is lacking and I really want to add a chandlier or a fan. This pic is what I am going for. 
But with this wallpaper

I also really really want to do a plate was but Rusty isn't digging the idea. So now they may go in the butlers pantry, since I've bought a dozen plates already. 


I finally moved everything out of the living and formal dining. They are two huge empty rooms but soon we will have furniture.
Not sure what I want to go above the piano, maybe once I have furniture I can decide. 
We've picked out a dining room table and chairs, but I need to find a buffet that coordinates before we buy them. That sad little box in the corner is the last one to out away. It's full of decor odds and ends that don't have a place here but I can't bare to toss them. So it sits and stares at me everyday. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are making progress. But I think I'll have to cast my vote for the plate wall. I think it would be awesome! Maybe Rusty will change his mind???

    ReplyDelete